Non-Contact Franklin Road Academy in Nashville Tennessee
serious fun at Contact Football Camps
The Non-Contact Football Camp at the Franklin Road Academy is a fun football experience for campers of all ages. Under the leadership of coach Bill Whittemore, campers are sure to grow as a player, learn more about the game, and make lasting friendships and memories along the way!
In the speed training portion of the camp, proper speed mechanics will be the focal point. Specifically, we will teach the basics of stride length, frequency and power, and how to maximize each phase in order to improve your overall speed. Lateral and linear speed will be broken down so when you leave, you will be prepared to tackle any camp or showcase with confidence.
- Opportunity to learn in a safe and fun environment
- Grouped by age, ability, height and weight
- Proper fundamentals and techniques to safely and effectively tackle
- Individual player improvement through competitive team play
- View More Details
Head Coach Bill Whittemore
Bill Whittemore has served as the head coach at Franklin Road Academy (Nashville, TN) since 2012. In 2015 he led FRA to an undefeated regular season and Region Championship. He was also named Region Coach of the Year in 2015. In 2018, Coach Whittemore led FRA to the state-finals.View Bill's Bio
Head Football Coach Chuck Reid
Chuck Reid joined the faculty at The Loomis Chaffee School in the fall of 2009. Coach Reid is currently the Head Football Coach and is excited to help you take your skills to the next level no matter your age or skill level.View Chuck's Bio
COACH Adrian Frederick
FRA Head Strength Coach
The Non-Contact Football Camp at Franklin Road Academy, provides young players the opportunity to improve their skill level no matter their experience. Whether you are a first time player or a prime time player, you will be challenged in a way that lets you improve your fundamentals during the week. Campers will receive training in both individual offensive and defensive positional technique. There will also be group competition to teach full team offensive and defensive concepts and philosophies. Lastly, campers will be taught proper fundamentals and techniques to safely and effectively tackle.Show Less View More Details
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: MAY 28-31 (TUES-FRI)
- Check-in: 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 2:00 p.m. on Friday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Tuesday-Friday: 7:45-2:00 p.m. (Campers must bring their own lunch)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Professional daily football instruction
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Contact football t-shirt and prizes
- Campers must bring their own lunch
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Football shoes (NO metal-tip cleats), tennis shoes, athletic shorts and a t-shirt. This camp is NON-CONTACT
- Facility: Outdoor Fields.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Contact football Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The Health and Release Forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp and every camper must have one to participate in camp.
Camp Dates & Prices
Find a football camp near you!
Type in your city, state or zip code then hit enter.